My Weekly Post

Yes, when I first started this blog I was updating it every day. Then I think I apologized once for missing 2 days or something, LOL! Now, I'm lucky if I can get in here once a week. Dang! Who knew that 2 kids, 1 husband, school, work, home, cooking, cleaning, driving, sewing & reading email could be so time-consuming?!?

Well, in the midst of all the craziness this past week, I managed to create a little masterpiece. hee hee. No, I don't refer to all my sets in that manner but this one, for some reason, seems a bit special to me. Maybe it's because when I laid eyes on this vintage European fabric, I just didn't know how I could cut into it... (even though I had already cut some small squares out of it to make this last year). Or maybe it's because the fabric itself seemed to have a history, or a presence, of it's own. It came to me as part of my MIL's vintage fabric stash that I inherited after she passed. I'm thinking it was a tablecloth at one point because it was hemmed on all sides and was the right size for a large table.

But regardless, after hours of deliberation, I finally cut into it and this is the end result:



Yes, I know it's just a tease. The auction will be up on Thursday, 09/13, (which also happens to be Jon's birthday) around noon, as part of LimeVine's new "Sumptuous" launch. I will post a link here when it's up.

I also wanted to share a very special resell I spotted today. A sweet customer of mine is reselling my "Firefly" costume from last year. Check out the auction because the costume has some very unique features, sich as light-up wings and silk flower garlands. It is full of sparkle and ready to ship to your 2-year-old. Some little toddler princess is gonna be the talk of the town in this super cute costume this year. :)



Click HERE for the Firefly auction. :)

I'll try to get in here more often than this, but I can't promise anything. Life just gets so hectic sometimes and I barely have time to breathe. I'll try to dig up some funny pictures and maybe I'll do my very first "Wordless Wednesday" tomorrow. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love the sneak peek!! I cannot WAIT to see the whoe thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hun! :) Oh, and CONGRATS on winning one of my Sample Sets!! It went out to you today... ENJOY! :)

    patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! It fits my Sophie perfectly!! I think I am going to make a pair of pants to go under it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi-

    I found you on Google, love your blog! Can I ask where you hid the battery pack for the lights on the wings? Did you use a strand on each wing so you had two battery packs?

    Thanks

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |