Portland or Bust!

So this is it. I am heading to Chicago in just a few minutes and flying to Portland for the International Quilt Market. I am still on Cloud 9 and just cannot believe I am actually going! I can't wait to meet all the Fabricnistas (yes, Paula, I stole your term) and catch up with old friends, but most importantly I am so excited about getting to meet the folks at Michael Miller Fabrics face to face. Kathy Miller has been an absolute pleasure to chat with over the phone through this whole design process and Sandi tells me the rest of the crew is just as great so I am just giddy with excitement.

And as a side note, good thing I am -- what my friend Melissa would call -- "elfin," LOL! I was able to fit 6 outfits, 6 pairs of shoes, PJs, my flat iron, my cosmetics & toiletries, my camera, my iPhone, my wallet, 2 design portfolios, a sketchbook, a box of Moo cards and the new purse my mom made me for Mother's Day in this small carry-on suitcase and this weekender bag from Bath & Body Works. At first, when I looked at those diminutive pieces of luggage I thought it was nearly impossible but, again, "good thing I'm elfin" and my shoes & clothes are tiny!!! ;)

So... if you'll be attending the show, I hope to meet up with you. If not, I will be back next Monday with a full report. :) Have a great weekend, everyone!!! I have a feeling Blogland will be a tad quiet for a few days... at least the crafty neighborhood in Blogland. ;)

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:21 AM

    I can't wait to hear all about it. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those the new jeans? Cute elfin feet! lol I can't wait to hear and see all about it on Monday! Happy, safe travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Oregon! You are just down the road from me at the quilt market (well, a good 5 hr drive from Portland but still in Oregon...LOL). I wish I were there too. Have a fun trip and can't wait to hear all about it! I'm already saving my pennies for your line to come out...it looks FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was BEYOND fabulous to meet you at market Patty...you are just as adorable in real life as you sound in your posts!!
    If only I'd gotten a glimpse of the "design portfolio" so I'd know what this new fabric line will look like....darn....LOL!!!! I can't wait to see....;)
    Have a safe trip home hon!
    ~Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a interesting and exciting trip!Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear all about it! Rest up and then post away - I wanna see your pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so anxious to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ACK!! You guys are all so sweet!!! Thanks so much for the sweet, sweet comments!! Quilt Market was the most amazing experience of my life! I am back now... super tired but excited to share my stories and pictures with all of you! I will start downloading photos in a bit and editing later and will hopefully post tonight. Thanks for your patience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell me more, tell me more, (singing Grease song in my head)!!! After you rest a bit of course! What a fab trip!! Can't wait to see all of your goodies, did you find some amazing things?? Sounds like you did!!! So much fun to read & live vicariously (spell?) through you!!! I need a girls weekend BAD!!! Have a restfull weekend Patty :)

    Jennifer
    SSB

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |