And sometimes I sew for fun...

It's not all business all the time around here. Sydney had her school recital last Thursday. She was asked to dress like a peasant woman from Abe Lincoln's time. I hope I came close to it... (Thank goodness I had all this vintage fabric and trims on hand.)

old-abe-lincoln1

She had so much fun with her BFFs...

old-abe-lincoln2

And we had a great time watching her belt out her Old Abe Lincoln song. She practiced it so many times at home we all knew it by heart...

old-abe-lincoln3

This is by far my favorite pic from the evening!

old-abe-lincoln4

Don't forget to enter the Mommy & Me Giveaway below. Still a few days left. Also, the Where Women Create magazines are being uploaded to our website as we speak. Check back tonight if you want to get your own signed copy! Limited availability. ;)

12 comments:

  1. Annie2:42 PM

    OH MY! She looks like a miniature Patty! That dress is TDF too... looks authentic! :)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that dress is amazing!! excellent work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so cute! Great job on the dress & I love the shawl! The boys look cute, too-love their beards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your children are so sweet and dress is *perfect!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:01 PM

    Oh my, she is the cutest little girl ever. I love that smile in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:02 PM

    Oops! The dress is perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:48 PM

    oh my gosh, those children are so precious... Love the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute!! gotta love the school plays :)
    Great job on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I love the dress! And I cracked up at the pic with the two Abe Lincolns. Looks like you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |