Featuring: YOU

I get so giddy when I see you guys out there in blogland sharing projects from Sewing MODKID Style! Sometimes Google Alerts notifies me. Sometimes I come across your projects on my Flickr group. And sometimes it's just by chance. I usually end up pinning them to my Sewing MODKID Style Board on Pinterest, so check it out from time to time and see if your project ends up there.

I wanted to share some of my recent finds, and if any of you out there have some that you would like me to share here or on Pinterest, please leave a comment and I will surely do a follow-up post featuring YOU.

Sweeter Than Cupcakes just shared a most fantastic Union Jack version of my Bloom Dress. I think this is just so awesome! And look at this sweet little girl... how happy she is! Makes my heart go pitter-patter.

Another adorable version of the Bloom Dress is this rainbow stripe dress with a mini pocket by Sweet Cheeks Designs. How sweet is this?!?

I love this sweet Bloom Dress just about as much as her super organized (and beautiful) closet behind the model. Photo by dwndestiny on Flickr.

TrinsDress1


One of my favorite Flickr finds was this pair of Banded Tanks and Yoga Pants by Sew Happy Ever After. They turned out so awesome, didn't they?

Modkid outfits!

Then, Melanie O-Brien reviewed the Yoga Shorts on her blog as part of the Shorts On The Line sewalong. I LOVE this photo!

sewing modkid style yoga shorts

Noni and Looli has sewn just about half of the book already! I first saw her adorable Swim Suit on Flickr...

modKidSwimSuit1

Then I saw that she has also made several Bubble Dresses, Bubble Skirts and Leggings. You go girl!

another Modkid bubble dress

Check out this adorable Swim Cover Up by Siestas and Sewing (great blog name, by the way!)

Swim Cover-Up

And how about this one by Sewing By Shirley ? It looks almost identical to the one in the book! :)


Last, but certainly NOT least, is this amazing Harlequin Quilt by Sew Happy Ever After. In her Flickr description, she says,  
"This is the first successful quilt I've made! It was super duper easy and the instructions in the Sewing MODKID style book were fabulous! I actually made it in just a few hours, so I finished it the same day that I started cutting the fabrics." 
You have no idea how happy that makes me! YAY!!

MODKID quilt

Hope you guys enjoyed these as much as I did! If you have a project you'd like to share or get featured, leave a comment below with a link to your blog. You can also share your project on our Flickr group or on our Facebook Page. Also, check out my Pinterest board for more inspiration.

If you don't have the book yet, you can get a signed copy of Sewing MODKID Style here





14 comments:

  1. I sewed a Mondrian Shirt and A-Line Gored Skirt from your book "Sewing MODKID Style". That skirt couldn't be easier to make! I love that yoga waistband and Lily loved the twirly-ness of her skirt. Will this photo on my facebook page work because I don't have a blog? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=328882540529525&set=a.207379666013147.51433.207374986013615&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl. Oh, those turned out so adorable!! Love the fabric combo. Thanks for sharing! Yes, that should be fine but we would love to see a modeled photo. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for featuring the union jack dress! The bloom dress is such a great basic pattern. The options are endless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. It is so cute!

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited to see one of my pics here! I love that pattern. :) I have some FOE coming in the mail in white so I can finish my other daughter's coverup. I make everything in twos! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much of a seamstress, but last year I opened up an etsy shop and my very first sale was a box covered in fabric from your Sanctuary line. Here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/54142097

    Thanks for offering such beautiful fabrics! I definitely keep coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi, those fabric-covered boxes are so beautiful! Congrats on your store. And thanks for sharing the link!!

      Delete
  5. My daughter's flower girl dress was made with one of your Modkid patterns in Michael Miller fabrics, and it was adorable on her. The creator was Cheryl Santos of Harmony Girls Clothing on Etsy. The photos on her Etsy store for this dress are of my daughter and myself on my wedding day.
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/72688675/flower-girl-dress-custom-made

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for featuring the coverup I sewed for my youngest.:) I really like the book and I'm looking forward to sewing more from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! That's great to hear!!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE every pattern in the book, and in fact completed two more wiming suits and I have two dresses in work (soon I'll blog on that). You have made a great work with this book!
    Thanks for showing my pictures and for the nice words! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, thank you so much! That means the world to me!

      Delete
  8. Cute outfits on such cute girls! Love the Bloom Dress in the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |