Winner and weekend recap

Thank you to all who commented on our One Million Pillowcase post. As promised we have randomly chosen a winner who will receive enough fabric to make 2 pillowcases and the pillowcase template of her choice. The winner is comment #31:

i would love to make some (2) pillowcases and donate them to the children's hospital in seattle, the oncology floor -- although my granddaughter was treated at primary childrens in slc, i know the need for bright and cheery pillowcases for children who are confined to hospital for looooong periods of time .... thanks so much .... darlene

Darlene, many congrats on winning. It sounds like a wonderful cause and I am so happy to contribute to it! Please send your mailing address and template choice to info AT modkidboutique DOT com at your earliest convenience and we'll get the package out to you.

This past weekend I had a lecture and book signing at The Fabric Nosherie in St. Louis in celebration of their one year anniversary. Since it is a relatively short drive from our house, I decided to bring the whole Young clan and extend my visit into a family weekend getaway.

Well, little did I know that the girls would actually want to be part of my presentation! This is definitely a first. Here is Shannon, owner of The Nosh, introducing me...

Fabric-Nosherie-02

And introducing the "real designers". I am rolling my eyes because Sydney just hopped in front of me and did one of those "TA-DA! Here I am!" poses with arms outstretched and all. That girl!

Fabric-Nosherie-01

I want to thank all of the sweet ladies and kids who attended my lecture. We all had a lot of fun and I had a wonderful time meeting each and every one of you.

Fabric-Nosherie-03

Here I am with the lovely Ms. Shannon.

Fabric-Nosherie-05

And a shot of the *packed* store!

Fabric-Nosherie-06

I will definitely be going back there every time we visit St. Louis.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo sorry I missed this! I was dying to go but was caught up in Soccer Mania Saturday! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |