Looking ahead to 2013
Also, a coupon code and an awesome giveaway!
Yes, yes, I know it's already mid-January and I should've done this post a couple weeks ago. But with the kids being on Winter break and me trying to catch up on all the work that piled up, I'm just now getting to this. Well, 2012 is over and I find myself reflecting on all that we did last year.
- My first book, Sewing MODKID Style, went on sale in April.
- We launched not one, not two, not three, but FOUR fabric collections! (this is a first). First, we had Andalucia 2012, which was a reprint in different colors of my debut line. Then we had Heaven & Helsinki, which was offered in wovens and knits. And then we had Textured Basics in the Fall. OK, so maybe it was 3.5 lines ;)
- We launched 15 new sewing patterns, including 6 Micro Minis! This puts our grand total at 54! WHOA! (and I still remember when we launched our first four in the Spring of '09... almost 4 years ago! Seems like just yesterday. How time flies. sniff, sniff)
- We offered several free tutorials: Umbrella Redux, V-Day Fortunes, and Elf Stocking.
- We were featured on print, web and TV! And then more print. And even more print. All in all, we were featured in 5 national and international magazines in 2012.
- I started offering my designs as digital cutting files on Silhouette America.
In the comments section, we would like to hear your ideas:
- Fabric themes (more of something, less of something?)
- Fabric Colors (again... more of something, less of something?)
- Fabric substrates (anything besides quilting cotton? or are you happy with just the cottons?)
- Sewing patterns: any specific requests? (more girls, boys, baby, toddler. women's, plus sizes, home decor items?)
- Tutorials and PDFs. We do have a couple of PDF patterns on YCMT and Craftsy, but would like to do more! Anything in particular you'd like to see in downloadable format?
- Classes, workshops, lectures, events of any kind?
- Other products. What other products out there (does not have to be sewing-related) would you like to see Patty or MODKID lend their signature style to?
For your time, we are offering you:
10% off anything on the MODKID site with the code BLOGSPECIAL.
This coupon code expires 1/15/2013.
But, also, we will review all your suggestions and choose our 3 favorites. Those 3 people will receive a $25.00 gift certificate to our web store, so make them good, people!! You have until this time next week to get your ideas in! GO!