Scrap Lab Super Friends

Scrap-Lab-Pals

Today is the day that the Fall 2011 issue of Quilts and More (a Better Homes & Gardens publication) goes on news stands and, although I am a huge fan of all of their publications, I am especially excited about this one because it features a very special section titled, SCRAP LAB.

A few months back, I received an exciting email from Jill Mead, the Editor of Quilts and More, explaining the whole Scrap Lab concept to me. In essence, their design team, which is comprised of none other than the fabulous duo of Joanna Figueroa and Camille Roskelley, choose a fabric collection and design small projects, from a prescribed quantity of fabric, that would be great for gifts or to keep for yourself. Well, my heart skipped a beat when I read that they had chosen Sanctuary for the next Scrap Bag challenge and wanted little ol' me to play along! What? Two of my most favorite ladies in the industry? Sewing? With *my* fabric? and it's all going to be published? In a national magazine? I'm IN!!

Fast forward 8 months and here it is now... in pages 12-21 of the Fall 2011 issue of Quilts and More:
scrap-lab-mag-shot-500px
Joanna designed an adorable pillow. Camille made a set of modern placemats. And I designed a pair of lightweight stripwork scarves... one for you and one for your bff! Yes, if you click on that link, you'll be able to download the scarf directions, which is a web exclusive. The other two projects are printed in the magazine, so you'll have to run out and get a copy. Trust me, you won't be disappointed... it is chock full of good reads and awesome projects!

And the best part... the exact Scrap Lab Kit that all three of us used for the projects in this magazine is available NOW in limited quantities from our web store. It is only $15.00 and that price includes shipping!! (domestic orders only, please).





scrap-lab-graphic-500px

The Scrap Lab Kit includes: •1/2 yard of Dahlia Lama Seafoam •Fat Quarter Glass Tiles Seafoam •Fat Quarter Zen Garden Gray •Fat Quarter Solid White. All packaged up nicely in a cute MODKID bag. By the way, I must mention that I had to pull some major strings to get a nearly full bolt of the Zen Garden Gray fabric (lowest fat quarter on that picture), since it is now completely out-of-print and even MMF is out of it! Again... limited quantities of this kit available, so get yours TODAY!

7 comments:

  1. It was fun to work with you and your lovely fabric! Love those scarfs. I've always thought that fabric scarves are the best!

    xox

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joanna! The pleasure was all mine. :)

    patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie3:27 PM

    I just picked up a copy of that magazine and you are right, so much talent and fun projects in there! Congratulations to you all! Now, off to check out your Scrap Lab Kits and all your new goodies on your website. It will be my little birthday gift to myself. :)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Annie. Enjoy your goodies! :)

    patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:28 PM

    I think the scrap lab kit would be perfect for a sleeve for my silver MAC...they would complement each other perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a fun idea, Pamela! Let us know if you make one.

    patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! I'm going to order one of these kits for my mother, she loves stuff like this.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |