Sneak Peek #1
At this time last year, I was getting ready to turn in the first quarter of my book's manuscript, my heart filled to the brim with excitement and trepidation. I knew I loved it, but would my publisher love it? Well, they did! And their words of encouragement fueled me the rest of the way through. The following 6 months we lived and breathed book. And I mean all of us... me, Jon, Emalee, the kids, our friends and our friends' kids. It was definitely a labor of love, with emphasis on the word labor (well, and love too!) :)
The other day, as I lay in bed on a lazy Saturday morning I was awakened by a text from my friend, Mary, telling me that my book was on the Barnes & Noble site (yes, I sleep with my iPhone, don't you?). I couldn't believe it was already up there! I mean, didn't I just start writing this thing? Well, I guess not... it has been a year, actually! I ran downstairs to pull it up on my computer, because my tiny iPhone screen just didn't do it justice and there it was... in all its glory...
WOW! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry or scream, so instead I texted the link to every person I could think of (whether they cared or not!). Then I hopped on Twitter and Facebook and shared the link like one proud mama and her newborn baby.
Then, I waited for the OK from Wiley to blog it because I wanted to tell you all the little details and show you some more images from it. Well, the green light came last Friday and we agreed that I should break up my reveals into 6 installments, because the book will be out in stores exactly 6 months from now.
YAY! So here's the 411:
- The book will be hardcover and spiral-bound (much like the ones you are used to seeing from Anna Maria)
- It will have 160 pages (and yes, I know online it says 144 but we ended up adding an extra 16 pages at the end because I wanted to add a glossary, a resources page and a few more pretty pictures.)
- It will come with full size pattern sheets (no enlarging or taping together!) and detailed instructions for 20 sewing projects that span from accessories, to separates to full ensembles.
- All the illustrations, instructions and patterns were done completely and solely by me, and they are in the exact same style that you are already accustomed to seeing in my sewing patterns.
- The patterns range in sizes from 2T to 10 and styles range from easy and simple (the kind you can do in 1 or 2 hours) to fancy and intricate (in case you want to spend some quality time with your machine).
- The book comes with an in-depth guide on knit fabrics and stretch trims AND it teaches you how to make the projects with your serger or your sewing machine, with loads of tips & tricks along the way.
Sewing MODKID Style is currently available for pre-order on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Overstock, Book Depository, Easons, Books-a-Million and Sew Mama Sew. (Retailers: if you have my book on your site, please let me know so we can add you to the list!) A full list of retailers will be available on the WILEY website.
Thanks for taking this little sneak peek tour with me. Stay tuned each month between now and March, 2012, as I will reveal more and more projects from the book. And... thank you all for your support! :)
***UPDATE! A sweet blog reader just informed me that the book is also available in Canada, which reminded me that I had also seen it for sale in Amazon UK. YAY, we're global! :)***