Do you CAMEO®?

I am so thrilled to share with you this new design venture I am embarking on. This past Summer I attended the CHA Show (Craft & Hobby Association) in Chicago and I met with so many lovely folks. One of them worked for Silhouette and after showing me how their amazing Cameo® machine worked and taking a look at my portfolio (which I conveniently brought on my iPad), urged me to submit some designs for their contributing artist program. I also had dinner with a couple of lovely designers who had nothing but great things to say about this company. So, fast-forward a couple of months and I am now the newest licensed designer at Silhouette! I'm sure you'll recognize some classic Patty shapes in my artist page:

Silhouette-screen-capture

If you're not familiar with Silhouette or the Cameo, here's a bit of info for you (directly from their website):
The Silhouette CAMEO® is an electronic cutting tool for personal use. Like a home printer, it plugs into your PC or Mac® with a simple USB cable. However, instead of printing it uses a small blade to cut paper, cardstock, vinyl, fabric and more up to 12" wide and 10 feet long. The machine also boasts a quiet motor and the ability to register and cut printed materials. 

Silhouette-screen-capture2

The Cameo can be used to make Scrapbook pages, Cards, Custom apparel, Vinyl décor, Etched glass, Sketch designs, Temporary tattoos and Paper crafts.

The designs I have currently available on the Silhouette site are all "regular cut" which means that they are SVG files to be used with their software and printed on their machine. They are scalable, meaning you can scale them to any size you need, and editable, which means you can modify them (move elements around on a layout) to fit your needs.

My dear friend Char from Crap I've Made used three of my designs to make some adorable shirts for her kids and friends. In her words, "I made some t-shirts using some stencil vinyl and the Silhouette fabric ink and then I tried one with freezer paper and the Silhouette fabric ink.  They turned out pretty darn awesome, if I do say so myself." I couldn't agree more!!

char1

Here are some close-ups of all three:

char2

char3

char4

Eeeek! I want one now!

More designs will be popping up every week, so bookmark my page and check often! If you guys out there make any fun projects using my shapes, please send me some photos (email to info AT modkidboutique DOT com) and I will be sure to share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |