Only 5 days and counting until the sew-along begins!! I hope you’ve narrowed down your fabric options and gathered the rest of your materials. If not, you still have time!!
Here’s a breakdown of what’s in store for the week ahead….
Sun & Surf Tote Sew-Along Schedule
- Day 1 – Cut the fabric pieces, stabilize the fabric pieces, and Cut the V shape.
- Day 2 – Sew and attach the inner and outer pockets.
- Day 3 – Sew outer and lining pieces together, square the bottoms, and sew the button loop
- Day 4 – Attach the lining, insert the plastic canvas, and topstitch the bag
- Day 5 – Install the grommets, sew the strap, and attach the button.
We’ll tackle each step and have a bag ready for the weekend!
Not only will you have an amazing bag when we’re done, but you also have a chance to win an awesome prize pack just for participating. This is an awesome bundle with a retail value of $219.39!! One sew-along participant will be selected at random to win.
Let me give you the details of the prize pack….
- Cotona 50 Premium Quilting Thread Box with 18 variegated threads of assorted colors by Madeira (courtesy of Tacony Corporation)
- 6" All Purpose Sewing Scissors by Creative Notions (courtesy of Tacony Corporation)
- 3 1/2" Collectible Embroidery Snips with hand-painted ladybug clip and limited edition ladybug thread cutter by Creative Notions (courtesy of Tacony Corporation)
- Pink chevron Hobby Basket by Suzy's (courtesy of Tacony Corporation)
- 15-piece fat quarter bundle of Textured Basics fabrics by Patty Young for Michael Miller Fabrics
- Splendid Spears Designer Pin Tin with 100 pins by Patty Young
- One Grand Bazaar Ribbon Sample including 2-yard cuts of 3 jacquard ribbons
- One copy of Generation Q Magazine
Here is exactly how to participate:
- Sew along with us or at your own pace.
- Ask questions here or in our Modkid Facebook Group.
- Post progress photos in our Flickr Group, Facebook Group or Instagram with hashtag #sunandsurfsewalong
- Photograph your finished tote and add it to the Flickr Group or Facebook Group. Post photos of the totes to Facebook and Instagram using the tag #sunandsurfsewalong so we can all find you.
To be eligible for the grand prize, be sure to add your photos by Monday, August 4th. Please only add photos you don’t mind us sharing on the blog!
Grab your materials, wash and dry your fabrics, and get ready to sew!! Create a buzz about the project and start posting your fabric choices, and Patty just might be tempted to add a second prize in the mix!