First of all, I want to thank everyone who so kindly emailed (and called) today to tell me about my eBay listings. For those of you who don't know, I scheduled two listings for this afternoon on eBay. They were supposed to start at 1:30 p.m. PST (right in the middle of my 3-hr. long drive to St. Louis to pick up my kids). The first phone call I received was from my good friend (and new fellow blogger) Kristen, of gocksfrocks. "I hate to tell you this, but your descriptions aren't showing up at all on your listings." What? I ran to my sister's home office, bumped my brother-in-law off his computer and SCREAMED as I stared in disbelief at 2 empty eBay listings. There was NOTHING there. The listing was live but there was no content at all... no pictures, no text. NOTHING!
I checked my email real quick and there were half a dozen emails there from fellow eBayers telling me what I unfortunately already knew. I proceeded to engage in a 20 minute retarded conversation with a "Chris" from eBay LiveHelp. "Sorry, m'am, we cannot assist with html problems." "But it's NOT an html problem, it's an eBay problem" is what I was about to write when my sister who had quickly jumped on her laptop to check out the problem, announced to me that it was indeed NOT an eBay problem because the listing was showing up fine in Firefox, just not in Internet Explorer. CLICK! (goodbye, LiveHelp)
I checked out the code and for the life of me could not figure out what the heck I had done to it so that it would read fine in one browser and not on the other. "Jon!!!! Help me, please!!!" I turned to the only person I could think would be nerdy, er, tech-savvy enough to figure out my problem. I know some of you like to give your husbands cute little pet names in your blogs, and maybe someday I will too, but for the time being he will remain just "Jon" (you know, like "Just Jack" from Will & Grace, but way less gay). But I digress. Unfortunately we were in 2 different states (he in Illinois and me in Missouri) so we had to troubleshoot this mess through crappy cellular connections, but nevertheless, he saved my butt!
See, the issue was that I had accidentally deleted a little < right at the top of the code and the absence of that little < made IE freak out. As Jon explained, "Firefox is a lot more forgiving. It fixed the problem on its own and that's why the few people who use Firefox were able to view your listing but everyone else couldn't." Unfortunately, the vast majority of you all use IE... why, why, when there's a better, more advanced browser out there that will do nice things like fix my little screw ups?
See, it's like this. Firefox will invite you into her house. It is tidy, modern and highly organized... but still has a sweet welcoming aroma. She will say "Oh, I see you tracked a bit of mud into my newly polished floors, but that's OK, I can clean it up for you. Make yourself comfortable. Can I get you a cup of tea?" Internet Explorer is the old, snooty lady that lives across the street and if you speak to her with the slightest trace of an accent she will reply rudely, "I - don't - understand - the - words - that - are - coming - out - of - your - mouth!"
Hey, I've been hanging out over here at Firefox's house and let me tell ya... she is the "hostess with the mostest." And there's room for a few more... so come on over!
So, without much further ado, let me present to you my two latest creations. I just listed these two gorgeous sets for the LimeVine "SEAGLASS" themed launch that starts today. And now that my technical difficulties have been averted, you should all be able to see them... even those hanging out with the old lady.
Oh, and if any of you have been wondering how my second day of the Complaint-Free Challenge is going... let's just say that I'm gonna have to start over again.