Pattern Reveal


BREATHE! I can finally breathe. Except for my little escapade to Chicago for our anniversary last weekend, my life in the past few weeks has been caught up in a whirlwind of technical writing, mechanical drawings, company branding, test sewing, production quotes, legal paperwork and lots and lots of time-consuming details that come along with launching your own brand of sewing patterns. I've totally neglected my household duties and pretty much been operating on very little sleep and lots of caffeine and sugar (yah, a picture of health I am NOT!)

However, a wonderful sense of completion came over me last night as I packaged up the last couple of patterns for my testers. After I returned from the post office this morning I did something I hadn't done in so, sooo long: I took a nap on the couch. Sydney must've known that I needed the rest because she just played quietly beside me... not a peep from her (at least for the first 10 minutes!) Ahhh! What a great feeling!

So, you wanna see the fruits of my labor? I know I already gave you a sneak peek of Kyoko (Pattern #3), but here is the full reveal!

Sydney and I had a blast shooting the cover of Kyoko. She was so excited that she got to wear my chopsticks in her hair. Did I ever mention that these chopsticks are some of my favorite sewing tools? Maybe I haven't mentioned it here on the blog, but I definitely talked about it here.

kyoko-cover


Kyoko is an Asian-inspired pattern that features a criss-cross bodice with two sleeve length options and a very full stripwork skirt also with two length options. A sweet obi-style sash pulls everything together and finishes the "look." Of course, Kyoko can also be worn without the obi for a more loose-fitted casual look.

kyoko-diagram

The pants Sydney is wearing with her Kyoko top are part of Pattern #5 (still in the development stages). I call these the Sophie 3-Way Pants because I will take my favorite basic pant pattern and show you how to make 3 totally different hem details. This version features an inverted pleat on the outseam made of a contrasting fabric. The other 2 versions I'll keep to myself for now until I'm ready to fully reveal the pattern. :)

Pattern #4 is called Emma... a sweet name for a very sweet 3-piece set.

emma


This easy-to-sew 3-piece set is as sweet and dainty as a pixie! The jumper-style top is light and airy for the warmer months and perfect for layering on cooler months. The skirt is extra full with 8 petal-shaped panels for maximum twirl power and looks just as great layered over tights or leggings. A cute little purse with felt petal details is the perfect accessory to finish off the look.

emma-diagram

This was another fun photoshoot. Sydney loves this outfit and just couldn't stop twirling. The skirt is so soft and girlie! Even Sophie got in on the action and modeled the sample I made in her size (which was actually my first prototype... I made a couple of tweaks to it before making the final piece!) In case I haven't mentioned this before, Sophie is not much into modeling... it's not really "her thing", but she says she loves this top and wanted to get her picture wearing it, so hey, I'm not complaining! ;)







The little petal purse also underwent a couple of minor transformations... the first prototype is the one in the back made form Valori Wells fabric and the final sample is the one in the front made with my Flora fabric.

So, as I mentioned above, these last 2 patterns are off to the testers one last time for a final "once-over" then they are off to print. I can hardly contain my excitement! If all goes as planned, these should be available for purchase in about 6 weeks! WOOOHOOO!

NOTE: if you are a retailer or a distributor and would like to be added to our mailing list for pattern pre-orders, please contact me at info@modkidboutique. We will be sending out order forms in the next couple of weeks!

Check them out! Little maids all in a row...

MODKID-sewing-patterns-2009

PS... thanks so much for all the wonderful comments on my Quick Quilts article. You guys are all so supportive and sweet! :)

33 comments:

  1. Your girls are so adorable as your models. Oh my goodness...I love the Emma. ;) Seriously, so cute. I can't wait to get my hands on that pattern AND some time to spend with Granny creating it up for my little Emma. The purses are so cute too. I love your creativeness, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful! Congratulations - job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Patty. I was wondering where you've been lately. They're absolutely georgeous!! I can't wait to make 'em for my daughter. She'll have a hard time deciding on which ones to do ... maybe we'll just do 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That truly is a lot of work- congratulations on its completion! They came out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty,
    Everything looks beautiful!! I'm very excited for you and I admire you for your tenacity (now relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the patterns and I already purchased a couple yards of your line I am going to make a purse. I also cannot wait to get my hands on your Kyoko pattern. I just love it for my little ones. I wish you the best of success.
    Me encanta!
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:45 PM

    Patty, I truly can't wait to get my hands on these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUUUUUTE!
    Congrats, they're really adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those patterns can't get in my hands quick enough!!! I am super excited about the Emma dress and the Kyoko pattern! I wanna see the pants too!!

    You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:31 AM

    Love them love them love them! Emma is adorable! Can't wait to try for my little princess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Patty, CONGRATULATIONS! WHAT A FABULOUS JOB. Your photography, professional models and patterns are perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:46 PM

    So beautiful!!! And so unique, what a great job! Love the layered Emma pattern(I'll be making one for my Emma for sure:)
    Absolutely can't wait to get these patterns!
    And could that possibly be another sneak peek of Mezzanine on the cover of the Emma pattern????

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you were able to sneak in a nap. I can't wait to get my hands on some of those patterns. They are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wanted to let you know I recieved my package on Friday. LOVE IT! Thanks so much... I'm waiting anxiously for your pattern release.




    Thanks again,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so excited! I cannot wait! I wish I could have gotten in on the pattern testing--maybe next time. Congrats on your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous9:19 PM

    AH! Ruth up there beat me to it. I wanted to be the first to say "Hmm... is that Mezzanine in the cover of Emma?" I know you had mentioned before that you only wanted to use your own fabrics for the patterns, right? Hmmm? Hmmm? Well, if it is, it is BEAUTIFUL!

    Everything is gorgeous!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous12:03 PM

    What beautiful pictures and patterns- can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all for the pattern love. I've been doing a lot of relaxing, sleeping, playing and eating all weekend! LOL!

    Debbie, so glad you got the package and you like! :) ENJOY!

    Ruth & Annie, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask that question. ;) As a matter of fact, I did use some of my Mezzaninie strike-offs for the bodice of the Emma top that appears on the pattern cover. These 2 particular prints did have some minor edits so the final versions will be a tad different, but close enough. :)

    patty

    ReplyDelete
  20. the patterns are super cute! if only I had girls and time to sew! I love them you did a great job! I am sure you will have lots and lots of people rushing out to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous11:19 AM

    They look awesome Patty! Congratulations and getting them done. It feels good doesn't it:)

    Can't wait to see you at Market!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow! Any idea about the retail cost of the patterns? I want all of them!!! I love how unique they are. Still botique look but a step up from the traditional styles. You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so proud, envious, and impressed by your accomplishments! These look great and I know I will be purchasing them once they are available. I know how you feel about accomplishing a task and needing to crash. Sometimes, you just need a break - so good for you for taking one! Congrats on everything, Patty! Job well done, once again!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  24. They are gorgeous!! I can't wait to see the Kyoko pattern--one of my girls loves Ni Hao Kai Lan and is really into anything Asian-inspired so this one's going to be a hit here in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you all, again! Just having the best time reading through the comments.

    Chelsea, I know YOU know how that feels! ;)

    S.L.P., the pricing structures are still in the works but I promise we will announce all that information SOON. :)

    Ellen & Anna, thanks so much for the vote of confidence. Means a TON coming from you 2. :)

    FeatherBunkle, my girls LOVE that show too! :)

    patty

    ReplyDelete
  26. WHEN and where can I get them PATTERN??

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd love to know when and where the patterns are available. They are adorable. I LOVE the Kyoko dress.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! I so wish that I had sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gah! I can not wait for these patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just discovered your site via Pigtails and Snails. Your patterns are A-DORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So cool Patty!!! Will we see you in Pittsburgh?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you all for the sweet comments! I'm trilled about the positive response my patterns are getting so far.

    Jennifer... you can count on it! I'll be there with bells on! ;) See ya in Pittsburgh!

    patty

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Patty! I was at the Los Angeles textie Show today and saw the dresses made from these patterns as well as the new line of fabric. LOVE all of it! The new fabric is amazing. Really great colors! Congrats on beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |