I want to extend a huge virtual hug to my amazing research & development team (that's you guys out there, yeah!) for all the valuable help you've given me in the design & creation of my new line of boutique sewing patterns! (I'm preparing some nice goodies for a giveaway, so stay tuned!)
On my last posting I asked for suggestions regarding the "public restroom girls" -- or as one commenter, Annie, affectionately called them, "Potty girls" (hahaha) -- and lots of you out there piped up with great suggestions that would've never occurred to me!
Lisa, a.k.a thedomesticdiva, suggested adding "a simple bow in grayscale onto of their heads," which I thought was a fantastic idea! And lots of you agreed. But then, it got even better: binkiebo and trillium suggested adding "pigtails" or a "hair curli-que" and I immediately went "A-HA! why not both?" (btw, in the marketing world we call this "plusing," meaning adding one great idea on top of another to make an even greater one.)
So, I went back to the drawing board and made some quick changes to the restroom girls and VOILA!
So, what do you think? Better?
(BTW, those of you waiting to test Frida for me may have to wait a couple more days, sorry. I ran out of the big paper I use for tiling my pattern pieces and can't find it locally so I'll need to order it online so I can get these printed out and on their way to you guys!)
Also, anyone want a sneak peek of pattern #3? Well, you're getting one anyway.
I'm thinking of calling this one Kyoko, which means "child of the city" in Japanese. I'm not sold on this name yet, so if my R & D team has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I thought this pattern had a very metropolitan & chic look but with an obvious Asian flair so the "child of the city" name was fitting.
It has a criss-cross bodice with a very full attached stripwork skirt and features super flared out bell sleeves in short & long versions (so cute!) And the pièce de résistance is this amazing obi-style sash that just pulls the whole thing together. My favorite part is that it uses my 7/8" wide ribbon (or really any 7/8" wide ribbon you want to use) to cinch it closed, and it's a cinch to make... seriously, you can make this sash in less than 5 minutes!
For the test sample I used an old European fabric I've had sitting around my studio for years (don't ask me where I got it 'cause I have NO IDEA!) and paired it up with my Petal Jester and Michael Miller's Aqua Dumb Dots (one of my favorite fabric staples). For the ribbon I used my Petal Jester 7/8" wide jaquard ribbon.
I'm about to sew up a VIEW A for Sydney to model and another VIEW B using just my fabric for the cover of the instruction manual. Fun, fun, fun!
Oh, and speaking of changes, I gave my blog a little makeover yesterday, in case you didn't notice. ;) I thought it needed a fresh new look for the coming Spring months. I'm so excited about all the changes to come... just cannot wait to reveal everything to you guys. One thing at a time...