Sewing MODKID Style, Sneak Peek #2

Sorry it has taken me so long to get to this next sneak peek. I know I promised them monthly until release date, but this month has been particularly crazy, with Quilt Market catch up, new fabric & pattern release planning and birthdays/holidays galore. Thank you all for the reminders and your patience.

When I set out to design projects for Sewing MODKID Style, I wanted to create a wide variety of styles that would appeal not only to the girly-girl, like my little Sydney, but also to the young, cool girl (or the 9-going-on-16-year-old) like my Sophie. I know -- from personal experience -- that not all girls love to run around in twirly skirts and cutesy tops, so this book has a selection of projects that are designed for the Sophies of the world. I call it Urban Chic because with the right mix of fabrics and trims you can take these pieces from basic to boutique in a snap!

Here are "big girls" Sophie, Maddie and Emersyn (with Sydney tagging along for good measure) sporting their Not-So-Plain Tees, Leg Warmers and Fingerless Gloves... or as kids like to call them these days... texting gloves, haha.

SMS-sneak-04

SMS-sneak-05

Above photos by Dawn Bergeron Photography.

The girls had such fun this day playing with skateboards, scooters and cameras...

SMS-sneak-06

Sophie is also wearing the Leggings pattern from the book sewn in a denim knit to resemble skinny jeans or jeggings.

SMS-sneak-07

That [above] is one of my absolute FAVORITE pictures of Sophie I've ever captured, by the way. It totally helps when a kid feels comfortable in what they're wearing and in their environment. I've learned this the hard way, believe me. Oh, and Sophie's rocking skateboard? You can get one just like it here. :)

If you missed my last sneak peek, you can go back and check out the first few projects I revealed (much more girly-girl) and the book's cover too. So much more to come... stay tuned!

Sewing MODKID Style will be in stores in March of 2012 and is currently available for pre-order on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Overstock, Book Depository, Easons, Books-a-Million and Sew Mama Sew. (Retailers: if you have my book on your site, please let me know so we can add you to the list!) A full list of retailers will be available on the WILEY website.

8 comments:

  1. So fresh!!! These looks are so cool, AND age appropriate.

    *I can't believe you've got your designs on a skateboard deck, I love zazzle!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pix (as usual), gorgeous girls and WOW, you are so thoughtful to include designs for all ages. This will be so great to reference again and again as the child grows, or for big and little sister sets.

    Can't wait to receive my pre-ordered copy!!!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both! I am hoping to reach a wider audience by having a variety of sizes and styles, but also that the book can support your growing family. :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just pre-ordered my copy. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am desperate to get my hands on some of your Flora & Fauna fabric in the stone colors (especially the humming bird print)! I have looked at looked and I know I just can't find it anywhere because it came out quite a while ago. Any ideas where I can find some? You can e-mail me with any ides :) jessw91788@hotmail.com or just respond with another comment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they'll be benefited from this website.

    mesin fotocopy | rental sound | rumah dijual | perlengkapan bayi | SEO Company | party organizer | parfum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you're just extremely magnificent. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great web site.
    jakarta hotel

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |