This 'n That

I've been immersed in the studio working non-stop on some pretty exciting new projects that I hope to share with you soon. Was meaning to blog about First Fridays last week, but time got away from me. Funny how that happens around this time of the year. But then a couple more exciting things happened yesterday and today, so now this is going to be one of those hodge-podge kind of posts, like this one from a few months ago.

We were so thrilled to be featured in our local newspaper, The Pantagraph, yesterday. They did a two-page spread on Modkid HQ, myself, Jon and Emalee... pretty much everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask about my life, background, how we started the company and how we make things work. If you're not local to Central Illinois, you can catch the article online here.

pantagraph-modkid-article-01

It was in the MONEY section, so I hope that's a sign of good things to come. ;)

pantagraph-modkid-article-02

There's Emalee with one of her designs and Jon showing off the ribbons in the warehouse.

pantagraph-modkid-article-03

Then, this morning, I get a tweet from my good friends Kim and Kris, from The DIY Dish, saying that the segment we taped back in September at The Creative Connection Event is finally up on their site. I share a Holiday craft that has been a tradition in my home for a few years now. I hope you check it out. I am incredibly honored to be in the same segment with the amazingly talented Kim Stoegbauer and Susan Branch. (!!!)

Here's a link to the video on You Tube or you can go directly to The DIY Dish and watch it there.



Finally, I wanted to share some images I captured from our December First Fridays event, because it was beyond my wildest dreams... from the wonderful window display design to the adorable little girls modeling MODKID dresses and accessories to the swarms of visitors -- old friends and new faces -- who stopped by. It really was an awesome evening!

December First Fridays-17

So that the girls wouldn't get bored just standing up there with nothing to do, we gave them some glittery paper, funny-shaped scissors and had them cut snowflakes out. Boy, they LOVED this activity!

December First Fridays-20

Just look at the concentration! Love those faces! :)

December First Fridays-22

The girls waved at the passers-by and made everyone smile.

December First Fridays-21

As more little girls came to the studio, we'd throw a MODKID on them and let them stand up there with the others.

December First Fridays-19

The girls even got a surprise visit from their favorite jolly ol' man.

December First Fridays-15

They told him they were very nice this year. Hmmmm... we'll see if he believes them.

December First Fridays-16

Thank you to my sweet friends, Nikki Barr and Anna Snyder for letting their sweet and beautiful daughters be the MODKID Girls for that evening!

Up next.... book sneak peek #3! Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. This is great! Beautiful pictures.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable, the window display is so perfect. Glad you had an amazing time and turnout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my goodness! that window display with those cute little girls is just darling! & what a great article in the newspaper, hope you got plenty of copies. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I wish I still lived in Peoria so I could come to a First Friday! I moved right after you started them. So bummed.

    Your pics are great- as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the sweet comments! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |