Happiness is...

... sleeping in on Mother's Day then waking up to the sweet scent of homemade Belgian Waffles being made by none other than your handsome flour-covered husband!


... seeing the glowing face on your 3-year-old as you open up a paper bag containing a half-dead flower in a hand-painted clay pot that she planted by herself 2 days prior at her toddler class. (it's gotten plenty of water, sunlight and TLC since then, so I think it'll make it) :)


... seeing the proud look on your 6-year-old's face as she hands you the beautiful oversized cards that she so meticulously made for you while you slept.


... going shopping without any distractions (read: without kids or husbands tagging along asking you how much longer) and finding the perfect pair of jeans to take on your upcoming trip to Quilt Market. :)


... going to your favorite Sushi restaurant with your most favorite people in the whole world and having them behave all the way through dinner and actually have fun!

(above photos taken with my iPhone)

... knowing that in just 3 short days you will be flying half-way across the country to meet up with some of the most amazing and inspiring women you have ever come across in your professional career. :)

***Special Addendum***

Happiness is... finishing a blog posting just to be surprised by yet another amazing handcrafted gift... this time from your own mother! Thanks so much mom! My new Marieliz purse is absolutely divine! I can't wait to show it off!!! LOVE YOU!!!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day with the ones you love the most. The girls look so adorable at the sushi restaurant and your iPhone takes awesome pics! Cute purse too! Enjoy the Quilt Market! I can't wait to see everyone's pics from there!! Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect day! My favorite is the little potted plant...I love those little handmade gifts...they make me smile!

    Have fun at quilt market! Wish I could go!!

    take a bow Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting, Amber & Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:24 AM

    What a fabulous mother's day for a fabulous mama! Love ya girl, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:01 PM

    So jealous of the jeans, the purse and especially the iPhone! We just traded phones and I thought the iPhone thing MIGHT happen, but AT&T was just way more than Sprint's plan, so I am the owner of a new red Palm Centro. It's cute too, even if the OS is a total dinosaur. Maybe next time, I'll get the iPhone.
    Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eva, thanks so much for the sweet comment, my friend! :)

    Amy, I adore my new iPhone. Hope you get one soon. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous Mother's Day! I am so excited to finally meet you...I've heard so much about you already, and I am so proud of you for being picked up by Michael Miller! That is so great! I love all the things you make and design, and I know I will love your fabric just as much! Best of luck to you!

    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful Mother´s DAy!Really nice pictures and your kids are so cute!
    I like your new handbag!Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patty,
    Thanks for stopping by!- Your designs are adorable!- Can't wait to see your fabric designs!- My husband is from Illinois- (Freeport)- I always love to visit the little towns there, and it is so green ... I love that.

    I will definitely stop by again and see what fun things you are up to, hope you will too!
    Best,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the wonderful comments!
    Lila, I can't wait to meet you in Portland and see your beautiful fabrics up close & in person. :) Thanks so much for the awesome compliment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. could your girls *be* any cuter?? and i love that purse--your mum is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want that purse!! Is your mom going to be making anymore of that style with those colors!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |