Prepping and playing...

I've been prepping for the Holidays and Sophie's b-day non-stop these past few days, but I just noticed most of my "prepping" also fell into the "playing with fabric" category, so I thought I'd share some of the fun little projects we've been doing around here. I got my yardage from MMF last week and it couldn't have been better timing!

The girls and I made this fabric garland over the weekend. It was the perfect "lazy Saturday afternoon with the kids" project. It was so easy and painless and used up a lot of the scraps I had lying around my studio. If you guys are interested I can put together a little tutorial, but it's really easy, I promise...

fabric-garland

I also started filling up an empty wall in my office/studio. I'd been staring at this blank wall for months trying to figure out what the best artwork for it could be and one day it dawned on me. I ran into a box of vintage embroidery hoops that belonged to my mother-in-law (like 30 years ago!). This little project took me all of half-an-hour... another quick & painless little home project!

wall-art

Then I thought I'd share some of the things I've been making for Sophie's b-day slumber party. Yep, you guessed it... it's a "cooking class theme"! Sophie absolutely loves to help in the kitchen so this is the perfect themed party and since there are so few guests I thought it'd be fun to make all the party favors... as in an oven mitt, a chef's hat and an apron for each girl! YES, I'M CRAZY! (pssst... I'm still not done! I still have to make 3 more aprons... eeek!)

mitts-front

Some of these have a different fabric on the back side...

mitts-back

Oh, and the girls will also get some cute cookie cutters and mini-wisks in their goody bags. Hope they like them!

lil-chef-comp

(pssst... I'll have a pattern for the oven mitts, chef's hat and flower-shaped apron available soon! The apron is adorable, you'll see. It's all drafted and ready to go, I just have to get it printed!)

I'll share plenty of pictures of the party next week. Oh, and speaking of... there is still time to enter the Mommy & Me giveaway! I will pick a random winner tomorrow (Thanksgiving Day) and announce it on Black Friday! So go ahead and leave me a comment!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Woman, when do you sleep? LOL! Great stuff and I'm sure the party is going to be a huge hit.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Patty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...Patty! Everything is adorable!!! I LOVE Andalucia!!!!

    Have a happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:32 PM

    What a great idea for a party! My daughter would love something like that!

    I just got my shipment of your lovely fabrics today for my shop, and I must say that I love them! Andalucia is a great collection!

    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, how adorable! I can't imagine any of the girls not liking their goodies. I hope the party is a total blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a good mom, Patty! I'm sure it will be fun and it will be a party that will create lots of good memories. I love the chef outfit...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you are crazy!! That's a lot of work, but how fun, I wish I was 7 again and going to her party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a brilliant and well done party plan!!! Gorgeous!! I have wanting to do the hoop idea with fun fabrics for the kids playroom too. It looks great!!

    happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:58 PM

    I did the very same party for my dd when she was about 4 I think. This was in my early years of motherhood and I naively invited all the 4 year olds in our neighbourhood. There were 12 kids, 13 if you count my dd. It was crazy and yes I was sewing right up until the last moment - I don't think I slept for a week before. And we made cupcakes. Dozens and dozens of cupcakes. There was icing everywhere for days. How I wish I could go back to that time and live it all again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! It was a TON of work! And though they really loved it a tiny part of me wondered if they would've been just as happy with a bunch of crap from the dollar store instead! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |