Florida!

(WARNING: picture overload!)

Yes, we were gone for 9 days and like I said in my last post, we had something planned for each day. So here's a synopsis.

Day 1: Jungle Adventures
Sophie has had an obsession with alligators for as long as I remember so my mom wanted to take her to this funky little place. I guess it's more like a zoo than like a theme park. They don't have any rides, except for the one that takes you around this foul-smelling swamp on a pontoon boat to see where the gators dwell. Here's a view of a dilapidated Spanish fort we saw during the swamp ride:

jungle-adventures

Sophie & Jon smile for a picture during the swamp ride despite the foul sulfur smell emerging from the green waters...

FL-VACA4

They also have shows, the most popular of them being the one where a young *brave* girl gets IN THE WATER WITH THE ALLIGATORS and feeds them, practically shoving pieces of meat in their mouths. There is not enough money you could pay me to do this! Although I was more than willing to do this.

FL-VACA3

AH, and then there's the show where they tell you about the jungle critters and let you pet them. You already saw me get up close & personal with the Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula. She was so soft & gentle! Sydney petted her from afar...

FL-VACA7

Here are Sophie & Sydney with a rather large ball python (I was so proud of my brave girls!)

FL-VACA5

FL-VACA6

We also all got to hold a baby alligator but they wouldn't let us take our own pictures. If we wanted to record the moment we had to buy the pricey pictures they took with a far less awesome camera and far less experienced photographer (haha) so we opted against it.

All in all it was a great time... bit too hot, humid & smelly for my taste but just watching the girls' reactions was totally worth the sacrifice! ;)

DAY 2: The Beach
Can't go to Florida without visiting the beach at least once, can you? Here are some of my favorite shots from that day...

FL-VACA8

FL-VACA10

FL-VACA9

FL-VACA12

Day 3: Disney's Magic Kingdom

Again, we can't visit FL without at least one day with Mickey & friends. The girls had an absolute BLAST that day. They got to meet and chat with their favorite princesses, Cinderella, Belle and Aurora. Here they are with Belle:

FL-VACA13

Then they spent some quality time with Mickey & Minnie...

FL-VACA14

And even more quality time with grandma...

FL-VACA15

They explored the set after Pirates of The Caribbean ride...

FL-VACA16

And even did some modeling for one of my upcoming patterns, Isabel. Not sure if I can use these photos for the booklet, though. Her bangs were so sweaty! Did I mention it was crazy hot & humid in FL?!?

FL-VACA17

We even caught a glimpse of Cinderella's Castle at night on our way out...

FL-VACA20

It was so pretty the way it changes colors every few seconds...

FL-VACA21

FL-VACA22

Then decided at the last moment to stay a few minutes longer for the Parade of Lights...

FL-VACA23

FL-VACA24

FL-VACA25

We got home at midnight that night but the memories will be unforgettable!

Days 4, 5, 6 & 7: Port St. Lucie and South Beach

Jon & I left the kids with my parents and drove South for some grown up time with my sister and her husband. We had more fun than I could even describe and decided not to lug our big 'ole camera around so we could truly enjoy our time.

We had our waitress take this picture of us with my iPhone... not too shabby, eh? If you've ever had breakfast on Ocean Drive in South Beach, Miami, you are probably dying laughing at this typical picture. For those of you who have never been... they give you these GINORMOUS drinks, like the size of your head! Caty & Jason got the Mimosas, Jon got a Bloody Mary and I opted for the Sangria, which was delicious but I couldn't even finish it. Fun times!

breakfast-in-SouthBeach

We shopped, drank, ate like pigs and took in the sights, which really, in South Beach, it's enough to keep you entertained for 4 days!

Day 8: The Beach... again!

Yep, we had to squeeze in another trip to the beach before we left and this time we brought my sweet niece, Asja, with us. The girls had a blast!

FL-VACA26

Day 9 was travel back home day and it was a tough one. Our first flight was delayed, the we had a layover in Atlanta. That next flight was delayed too. It's funny how tiring it can be to just wait around in airports. Must be those uncomfortable seats. By the time we got home Sydney was sick to her tummy... she threw up on her bed almost immediately after coming home. As I was changing her bedding, she threw up on the couch. And as I was wiping down the leather on the couch she threw up on the stairs. I gave up on cleaning this time and just sat with her. She didn't want to talk or eat or sleep... just sit. So we did. For a while. She slept like a baby that night and woke up the next morning happy & hungry like nothing had happened. PHEW! I wish I was as resilient as my kids!

Anyway, thank you to anyone who sat through my Vacation Album. I know it was long and wordy. I am still going through all the names. Give me a little more time. I want to make sure I don't miss any... and the entries are still coming in. haha

Bye!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like fantastic vacation! But poor Sydney (and poor you!) I love the look os Isabel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Looks like you all had a great time! What camera settings do you use for your night pictures? I've been trying to master those and it's not going so well! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie2:01 PM

    Wonderful pictures, as usual, Patty! You guys sure know how to have fun. Loved looking at those night-time Disney shots. They look like postcards. Oh, and your beach pics look like Postcards from Paradise... LOL!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie2:02 PM

    Oh, and I forgot to say... that Isabel pattern is so us!!! I can't wait to get it. It has that funky, unusual look that we just adore. :)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also just got back from a vacation in FL....your pics are fabulous and your girls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting your family photos. We are going to Disney World for our first time in two weeks, and these pictures make me even more excited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you all enjoyed the photos! Lorri, I shot those with a 50mm 1.4 lens. I'm practicing night shots too, so I'm pretty sure I had my aperture open all the way out and shot with as low of a shutter speed as I could without getting too much camera shake. LOL!

    OK, I just copied the stats for one of them:
    Camera: Nikon D700
    Exposure: 0.05 sec (1/20)
    Aperture: f/2.0
    Focal Length: 50 mm
    ISO Speed: 200

    Hope this helps. Like I said, I'm still practicing too. :)

    patty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures and planning for your trip! It looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you ever find yourself stuck in Atlanta again, give me a call! We know all the best BBQ joints, and we've been known to deliver to friends trapped at the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pictures! The night time Disney shots are amazing...and you gotta love beach pics. Looks like you had a great time, thanks for sharing. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patty,

    Your family vacation looked AMAZING! The night shots in Disney are gorgeous. It looks like your girls had a blast. Kudos & "Super Mommy" points for sitting through a sweaty, smelly day watching alligators too. And I can't wait for Isabel to be released. The dress is SUPER ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Where does that gorgeous red hair come from on lil miss Sophie? I have a red head too, and we have no clue!!! Funny. Your girls are adorable...feel free to check out my lil red head on my blog! Love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for the sweet comments. Glad you like the look of Isabel. It's one of my faves so far, and Sydney's too. More on that soon. :)

    Deborah... thanks for the offer, haha. I'll keep you in mind. :)

    Melifaif... we both have red in our families so it could have come from either side. It just looks weird because neither of us is a redhead. ;)

    patty

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |