Dells' Angels
(title runner-ups for this blog post: What the Dell? and Where the Dell have we been?)

When it came time to plan Sophie's 8th Birthday celebration, I once again turned to my tweeps. They've always had great suggestions for me in the past and this time they did not disappoint. Sophie told me she just wanted to do something special with the family. My tweeps brought lots of suggestions to the table, but what won in Sophie's eyes was a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge in the Wisconsin Dells. She spent some time surfing through their website, ooh-ing and ahh-ing over all their amenities... so off we went!

As soon as we entered the lobby, the Christmas spirit was in the air. It was so beautiful there! Sydney kept saying it looked like the North Pole.

GWL18

The girls quickly found their favorite spot and chilled out with their dollies while daddy checked us in.

GWL1

They squealed with delight when they saw their sleeping quarters. It was a little log cabin built inside our room complete with bunk beds, a flat-screen TV and a gaming system!

GWL2

GWL3

They had so much fun! There was even a third bed in there, so on our first night they invited me over for a slumber party. :) Fun, fun, girly fun!

GWL4

The next morning, after breakfast, the girls were treated to a mani & pedi at the lodge's kid spa, called Scoops.

GWL5

GWL6

It was pampering to the max! All of their products were ice cream flavor scented...

GWL10

They got sparkles on their fingernails and got to pick out their own princess tiara to keep...

GWL8

GWL7

The pedicure station looked like an ice cream sundae...

GWL9

And all of their memorabilia was also ice cream themed...

GWL11

All this talk of ice cream got them craving the real deal, so we headed directly to the lodge's ice cream parlor (which by the way, had a Starbucks too, so mama was happy!)

GWL14

There was tons of swimming and playing in their incredibly HUGE indoor water park...

GWL12

GWL13

On Thanksgiving day, the girls put on their Holiday dresses and we made an attempt at shooting our Christmas card. Not sure if we succeeded, but it was still fun...

GWL15

GWL17

Sophie even shot a picture of us that is not half bad (those are very far & few between):

GWL16

On Black Friday we did a little shopping and then headed to Chicago where we met Jon's family for a b-day dinner at Greek Islands. Sophie picked this restaurant because they serve grilled octopus... yup, that's my girl! Here she is eating her favorite dish:

GWL20

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving holiday! This week I was thankful for having this special time to relax with my sweet family and for not having to cook & clean (I'm sure they were thankful for that too!) :)

14 comments:

  1. Awwww! Your girls are so beautiful Patty! Glad you and the family had a good trip! Looks like a super fun place to go plus not too far away which is nice! Might have to check it out!
    Heather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie6:02 PM

    Wonderful pictures! What a great way to celebrate her birthday! Looks like you all had a great time. :)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you adopt me & take me there? (Hint-I wouldn't even have to change my last name!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, girls! I totally and utterly recommend this place. It was a blast!!

    patty

    PS, kaiolohiakids... hmmm...maybe I'd like you to adopt ME if I get to come live in Honolulu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that looks so fun! Wish we had something like that here in Utah. Thanks for sharing pics! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a good time! We're looking forward to going back to GWL again this coming year. I think that is a fabulous picture of you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you like Great Wolf, you should try Kalahari, Chula Vista or Wilderness. Wilderness is our favorite so far. It has four different water parks, so if the girls get "bored" we can move on to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!
    My hubby and I are wanting to take the kids to Wolf in Texas...these pics make me want it all the more quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome pics!! That kiddie spa looks amazing...my daughter would love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lucky, lucky, beautiful gals :) All 3 of youses. And Jon too..you know what i mean. Happy belated to Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, that's our favorite vacation spot!! We usually take our boys for a long weekend in either Feb or March, but this year we had to postpone until the end of April and it was empty!! It was like having the whole waterpark to ourselves. Seriously, we were in the wavepool with no one else. We are thinking we will go later again this spring. I am glad that the family had a good time--GWL is really a great place to go although I wish I had some girls so I could check out the Scoops spa ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to celebrate her birthday! Looks like you all had a great time.

    How to make a website

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |