Behind the scenes...

... at the studio. This past Tuesday I had the pleasure of welcoming the ladies behind the amazing publication Where Women Create into my home and it was an experience I will never forget. Jo Packham, WWC editor, originally called me while I was vacationing in Florida last week and since I didn't recognize the number on my caller ID I almost didn't pick it up. But alas I did and, oh my gosh, I'm so glad I did because the schedule was t. i. g. h. t. and I probably would've been dropped if I hadn't picked up the phone when I did.

Less than a week later I had three wonderful women in my home and we had so much fun talking fabric, patterns, kids, art and life in general.

Below, photographer Dana Waldon shoots one of my Andalucia upholstered chairs and a couple of my Marieliz purses.

WWC-behind-the-scenes1

After the shoot, we relaxed for a bit in the living room before they headed back to Chicago to continue with their busy schedule. From left to right, photographer Dana Waldon, WWC editor Jo Packham and Jo's assistant Gina.

WWC-behind-the-scenes2

Where Women Create
is a quarterly magazine that celebrates creative women and their inspiring workspaces. I am incredibly honored and flattered to have been chosen to be a part of it. My feature will either be in the February or May 2010 issue. I'll be sure to let you all know as soon as I know! But in the meantime check out Where Women Create in stores like Barnes and Noble, Borders, Michael's & Hobby Lobby. Or you can subscribe on their website. You may even see a familiar face or two in this current issue. ;)


And while you're at it, you can become a fan of WWC on Facebook and also follow them on Twitter. YAY!

10 comments:

  1. well...even though I can never get in that mag....hmmpf....I still congratulate you on the inclusion...such a great honor!! You deserve it...did you ever think a few years back that all this would be?? I bet not....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm going to have to order that magazine because I've looked for it at every book store I've gone to and I just have to have it! I'm so thrilled you're in it (I mean seriously, right up there with Marie Osmond and Mary Engelbreit!). Yippy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Patty! Can't wait to see the finished product. Nice to "meet" you by the way. Now I've got to buy the "Emma" pattern as I have an Emma of my own. Have a nice night and I'll post more pics on WWC's FB as soon as I get them.:) Paige

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so my idol! I LOVE that magazine and here's the proof
    http://patches.typepad.com/notes_from_the_patch/2009/07/my-entry-1.html

    Can't wait to see you there. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much!

    Scott, nope, I never in a million years would've imagined!

    Jona, you gave me chills with that comment... surreal!

    Paige, so nice to "meet" you too! Thank you for everything!!!

    Suzanne, that is wonderful that you carry the mag in your store!!

    patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a cool looking magazine, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Patty!!! I know you worked so hard on your sewing room....now time to let everyone enjoy! Great job! ;) Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun & cool!!! (after all the initial stress and pressure) :P Eager to see the issue!!! Neat neat neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you, what a great publication to be in! I just saw your pillow designs in the latest BHG Quilt magazine!! I knew it was you right off, and was so happy when I checked and was right!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so so Proud of you my Patty!! Can't wait to see you featured in it! You are amazing my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |