Hot off the press!

A year and two months ago, Jon and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary in Chicago. We had a few minutes to kill before our dinner reservations so we walked into the Borders on Michigan Avenue to browse. I headed towards the craft/sewing magazine section as I usually do and my eye was caught immediately by a new (to me) magazine... Where Women Create. I couldn't believe how beautiful this thing was! I was completely immersed in the stories and captivated by the gorgeous full spread photos and I remember telling Jon, wouldn't it be great if my studio was featured in this magazine someday? someday.

About 6 months later, while we were vacationing in South Florida, I received an email from Jo Packham (editor and creator of Where Women Create) followed by a super sweet phone call. She said they were going to be in the area in 3 days and would love to shoot my studio. Talk about a turn of events!!! Luckily we were scheduled to fly back that day and I went into frantic studio clean up mode for the next couple days.

The day of the shoot I got hair, nails & toes done and picked up fresh daisies all before noon. I even went shopping for a new outfit that I didn't even end up wearing that day... I must've changed a half a dozen times! The shoot went off without a hitch (I even turned the camera back on them!) and now... eight months later...

wwc_i7_cover-final

I seriously cannot believe it. It's truly a dream come true! To be a part of this gorgeous magazine and share pages with these amazing women... I can't even describe the feeling! And my name even made it to the cover!

I don't want to give away too much so I'll just show some little sneaks. Six glorious pages!

wwc-1

wwc-2

wwc-3

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jo and team for a most amazing experience... I will never forget this and what a wonderful keepsake I now have! :)

I'm starting a little collection... are you?

wwc-4

**We ordered a bunch of copies to autograph and sell at Quilt Market so if you'll be attending, please stop by and get yours. You can also find the magazine in stores like Barnes and Noble, Borders, Michaels, JoAnns & Hobby Lobby. However... if you can't find it locally or just want to get a signed copy from me, let us know. We can put them up on the site as soon as they arrive. :)**

16 comments:

  1. Heck yeah I want a signed copy! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see you in the pages of WWC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Patty! I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I will have to look for that magazine. It does seem like I've read one before, but I'm not certain. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay!! I cannot wait! I am a subscriber ya know. Great publication.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It looks like a really beautiful (and colorful) spread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicki C K8:42 PM

    I remember when you first posted the pics from the shoot and I told my husband--LOOK LOOK now THIS is what I want MY studio to look like! :-)
    CONGRATS Patty, what a very cool honor! Such a great publication. Um yes, PLEASE put them up on the site,,,of course I want a signed copy! You're a celebrity! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Patty! You deserve all the recognition you get...you have always been a hard worker and perfectionist..two qualities that will take you along way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for stopping by and for your wonderful comments. I am still smiling from ear to ear. For those of you who are waiting for a signed copy, I just heard they will be here around May 1st (maybe a tad sooner!) I'll put them up on the site as soon as I get them. :)

    Thanks again!!

    patty

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh mes félicitations, quelle joie de ce voir ainsi dans les magasines, bises et bises aux filles

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love magazines! and better if they feature such creative work spaces like yours. i just started a kids sewing club & they would just love a signed copy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patty:
    The honor and the pleasure was all mine - of that I promise you! I LOVE this magazine gig and it is all because of the women, like yourself, that I get to meet; to share part of their creative life, even if just for a minute; and have the honor of giving them a place to tell their story.

    You are an inspiration and a just simply a wonderful new friend.
    Much love
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patty! Congratulation! Since i found your site 2 years ago i became addicted to it, its my refreshing and inspiring world of colors that you create! I will be HAPPY to get a signed copy soon !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how exciting!!! I can't wait to see it. I love your designs and fabrics and know I will love your studio interview. Congratulations Patty!!!
    I finally sewed up some of the Mezzanine fabric I have been hoarding and am totally in love with it. I may not be able to stop myself again! I can hardly wait to get my hands on some of your knits too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Again, thank you all for your wonderful comments. Your support means the world to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the feature! That is a fabulous magazine.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |