Only 5 days and counting until the sew-along begins!! I hope you’ve narrowed down your fabric options and gathered the rest of your materials. If not, you still have time!!
Here’s a breakdown of what’s in store for the week ahead….
Avery Dress Sew-Along Schedule
- Day 1 – Prepare the pattern and cut the pattern pieces.
- Day 2 – Sew the collar and pocket. Prepare the bodice and bodice lining.
- Day 3 – Attach the collar and lining. Sew the buttonholes.
- Day 4 – Sew the sleeves and complete the bodice.
- Day 5 – Sew and attach the skirt. Sew on the buttons.
We have even more fun in store for the sew-along!! In addition to having an amazing dress when you’re done, you have a chance to win one of three prize packs. Here’s the break down:
Prize #1: Best Costume
- 3 MODKID Patterns
- 2 Ribbon Samplers
- 1 Designer Pin Tin
- 1 FQ Bundle of Heaven & Helsinki fabrics
- Bundle of assorted trims: ribbon, ricrac, ruffle rack
- 7 button cards of assorted colors & sizes
- 1 FQ of gray and white chevron fabric
- 1 copy of MODKID Summer Fun (doll clothing book by Patty Young)
- 1 copy of Playful Designs (*not yet released* coloring book by Patty Young!)
Finally, we have a category just for sewing along with us. One participant will be selected for the bookworm package at random.
Many thanks to C&T Publishing and Riley Blake for sponsoring our sew-along!!
Here is exactly how to participate:
- Sew along with us or at your own pace.
- Ask questions here or in our Modkid Facebook Group.
- Post progress photos in our Flickr Group, Facebook Group or Instagram with hashtag #averysewalong
- Photograph your finished dress and add it to the Flickr Group or Facebook Group. Post photos of your dress to Facebook and Instagram using the tag #averysewalong so we can all find you. You do not have to do all of the above!!
To be eligible for the grand prize, be sure to add your photos by Monday, October 6th. Please only add photos you don’t mind us sharing on the blog!
Grab your materials, wash and dry your fabrics, and get ready to sew!!