13 Days of Modkid Halloween // Day13

Friday, October 31, 2014



Patty here. I hope you have enjoyed our 13 Days of Modkid Halloween series. I had a blast looking at all your awesome creations! On this last day of our series, I am here to share another one of my spooky creations...

My oldest daughter, Sophie, will be 13 in just a few short weeks, and what do teenagers love? Zombies! So, I wasn't the least bit surprised when she asked me to make her a zombie costume. We had discussed a few other ideas... Day of the Dead Sugar Skull made with our Frida pattern was one of them... but she kept coming back to ZOMBIE, so I had to oblige. Of course, I had to modify one of our patterns for the costume and I am so happy I did! Check out the results (full details are at the end of this post).






Pattern: I used the Melanie Misses pattern, size XS, and left the sleeves and hems unfinished. The over-dress is also the Melanie Misses but cut 2 sizes bigger and without sleeves. I left all edges unfinished and shredded the bottom. Psst... this pattern is also available in little kids sizes.

Fabric: The underdress is made with Monster Shreds and the overdress is made with Bloody Lace, both found at Jo-Ann Fabrics.

Accessories: Sophie is wearing these awesome Halloween tights purchased at Target. Make-up and fake blood are also from Target.

Thank you so much for following along on our 13 Days of Modkid Halloween! I leave you with a fun little clip I created to celebrate the season:



MODKID PDF patterns can be found on EtsyCraftsy, and YCMT 

MODKID Paper patterns can be found here 

Did we inspire you to make a costume with one of our patterns? Share your photos on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and tag them with #modkidhalloween or post photos in our Facebook Halloween album.  We would love to feature you next year! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |