I couldn’t wait for the release of the Modkid Style book, and this is one of many items I’ve sewn from it.
Fast forward a bit closer to the present, and I have to let you know that I rarely only sew a Modkid pattern for testing. They are just too good and demand to be lived in, played with, and worn for fun! You saw several of my tester photos in Patty’s post, but here are a few that came after the fact. This is the Bailey Romper.
When I pattern tested the Zoey Summer Ensemble, I sewed it for my two year old. Well, big sis certainly needed one too.
I always try to mix things up a bit, a tendency I hope to bring to some of my Modkid posts to show different ways to take a Modkid pattern even further. Here I added a pintuck detail to the Hailey Girls Top.
Finally, I couldn’t leave you without something new, so I used the super speedy Malibu Cross-back dress pattern for a little 4th of July fun.
I just love this back!! And, with the aid of Fold Over Elastic for the binding, it all came together in no time.
Now, for a few random things about me just so we’re all comfortable here:
- I’m a Texan at heart transplanted to the South. (No, Texas isn’t considered part of The South)
- Cop shows have always been my favorite, and now I’m married to one.
- My favorite color is purple.
- As you may have guessed, I love dessert especially cupcakes.
- I can’t spell. Thankful for spell check!