Favor Box Redux for the Season
A couple of years ago I designed some cute favor boxes for my sister's bridal shower, which I shared a tutorial for here on the blog. I thought it would be neat to do these in pink for Valentine's Day favors. I made a couple of prototypes and the girls went batty for them so I thought I'd share these with you guys since they're so easy to make.
I have a couple of templates you can use for this. Click HERE FOR THE PDF or HERE FOR THE JPG of the favor box. Both templates are the same, just different formats. Print them out at 100% on a letter-size sheet. Use card stock or other thick paper.
Now... as you can see, the templates come without personalization (no names -- unless your kids have the same names as mine, in which case email me and I can send you mine!) You can either have you child sign their name on the flat sheets with a permanent marker or if you're feeling extra crafty, open up the JPG in your preferred image editing software and type in your child's name. I used the font Century Gothic in white with a soft drop shadow, but any sans-serif font will do.
Assembly is easy as pie:
- Cut them out on the solid line.
- Fold them on the dashed lines.
- Glue them where it says to.
- Punch holes on the circles at the top and thread some pretty ribbon through.
There were only a few of things I did differently:
- I used a hot glue gun to glue the flaps, but if you are having your children help you with assembly, I strongly suggest using my original idea of double-stick tape or a glue stick.
- I cut my ribbons at 12" long and omitted the beads.
- I filled my favor boxes with shredded papers and a small assortment V-Day chocolates, which already come in pretty colors & shapes, instead of my custom candy wraps.
Finally, if you look over there >>> on my sidebar, I have a BLANK template, in case you want to use some sort of patterned paper or create your own design for the inside of the box. How fun would it be to print blank ones and have the kids decorate them?! :) There is also a teal-colored version on the side bar (the original one I used for the bridal shower) in case pink's not your favorite. ;)
Happy V-Day, all! :)